Little Elle Rae is 10 months old! The last two days Elle had me worrying because she wasn't really napping and was constantly screaming, she's already a little better today so I'm hoping whatever it was is passing! Even though she hasn't been drooling and I can't see any new teeth yet, I started giving her some medicine and I think it may have helped a little. I never really know. It's all just a guessing game with babies! Eleanor and I just finished our 2-week Mom and Baby swim class. It was fun to get to the pool each day and socialize and Eleanor LOVES being in the water. She has made a lot of milestones this past month:
- still goes down to bed at 7 and usually wakes up around 6:30-6:45, she no longer gets a "dream feed" in between
- for the most part, takes two naps a day
- loves to eat and likes almost anything. some of her favorites include cantaloupe, strawberries and banana flavored puffs. She always wants a bite of whatever Sam and I are eating
- climbs up stairs
- has pulled herself to a standing position a few times, but still struggles to get it every time
- has become a good little hand clapper
- still loves books and being read to
- has made it more difficult than ever to change her diaper because she'll flip over to her belly in a split second and will use all her strength to fight getting onto her back!
- has started pointing at things
Trying her hardest to stand up:
It amazes me to look at her and see how big she has grown and think about all of the things she has learned to do. Eleanor still loves to be out of the house and on the go so I try to keep us as busy as I can in this small town! We visit the grocery store a lot :) Elle's worst time of day is about 5-7pm. However, when Sam gets home she get so excited and suddenly become a happy baby again. She has started to be a little more consistent with two of her signs - "milk" and "more". Although I think she does "milk" just whenever she is hungry and "more" looks more like a hand clap than the actual sign, but I love that she's trying to communicate!
Here's some more of the latest on our favorite baby:
Eleanor is adjust well to Wyoming:
One day I was working on the computer then turned around and saw this - no wonder it was so quiet all the sudden! I love that she decided on her own it was naptimeFirst time climbing stairs. She found them on her own and decided it was time to go up all by herself!
Casually grabbing a snack...or getting in the way while Mom put groceries away ;)
First 4th of July! Sam had to work that day, but got off in time for us to make it down to his aunt and uncle's for a great BBQ. We spent the remainder of the weekend in Utah and enjoyed Sam's sister, Vanessa, and her little fam being in town!
Eleanor trying her first popsicle. Not sure if she liked it or not...
My little hand-clapper
Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the best part of this day, but the other weekend we went to the Rock Springs Rec Center to enjoy the big indoor pool, splash pad and lazy river they have. When Eleanor was with Sam on his tube she stood on his legs, held both arms up in the air with her hands over her head and waved and shouted as they went around and around in the lazy river. She did this for a good 10-15 minutes and of course drew attention from everyone there. It was quite comical. She made her own little parade and got all the attention she wanted. That girl, we just love her.

4 comments:
Oh my goodness I just love that little girl! Every picture and video makes me smile. I can't believe she is pointing at things now too. You look super skinny.
I'd been meaning to ask you if you were signing with Elle. I knew you would be! That's so fun she's starting to sign back a little bit. I can see that Pierce is getting close. Occasionally I think I see a more but who really knows. Anyways, super cute as always!
Al Pal - you look beautiful in these pictures. Wyoming looks good on you!
She is adorable! Jaxon still signs "milk" for any type of food even though he can talk pretty well now. I think it's neat how signing kind of sticks with them even when they are older. Hopefully I can sign more consistently with Gavin.
Post a Comment