In June, Sam had a few days in a row off so we spent most of the time down in Utah (we enjoyed some things we miss like Target, Costco, Kneaders...). One of the days we went to the aquarium, we had never been before and thought it would be entertaining and Elle might enjoy it. She surprised us and loved looking at everything even more than we expected!
There was a day in June when the temperature in Green River reached 91 degrees. I over heard women in Relief Society talking about it and one of them said, "It's getting too hot. I start complaining once it gets past 85 degrees!" ???? I was trying not to laugh. 85 degrees is heaven to me! Any way, for the sweltering day, some friends and I went to the local splash pad and it was fun! Even though the water felt cold, Elle loved touching it and was even brave and got her face wet a few times.

We've loved the nice summer weather here and try to take advantage of outdoor activities. The other night we took Elle to a park that has baby swings. It was close to her bedtime, but we wanted to go out so we went any way. After a few minutes in the swings she started to fall asleep, head dropped, eyes closed... it was hilarious.
One night our ward combined with another ward and had a BBQ. There was good food and great company. I loved watching these two play together:
The other week we got invited to go camping with a group of younger couples from our ward. They all are so nice and have cute kids. We made it just for one evening and the following final morning, but we had a good time. Well, getting Eleanor to sleep in the tent wasn't the best, but besides that everything was great :) I brought my camera, but only snapped a few photos.
The kids were LOVING the dirt (that's not chocolate on his face - that's dirt)
Our little set-up:
The little ones were LOVING the dirt (that's not chocolate on his face!):
Sammy made the group popcorn on our little stove:The gang:
Pretty morning sunrise:
Bad lighting, but my two faves:
And we ran into some wildlife on our way back to town:




2 comments:
Allison! Your little family is adorable!!!
Looks like a lot of fun activities. I'm glad you are enjoying your summer. Elle is adorable on the splash pad! Did you really call cows "wildlife"?!
Post a Comment