*A little disclaimer, I only had my iphone on hand all week so if you see any good quality photos on this post, I either stole the pic from Ashley or Rachel. :)
About a week before Dani's wedding it hit me that she needed a hashtag for the wedding weekend so all the insta photos could be tagged. I sent her a text with suggestions like, #sorryboysdaniistaken #seanlikeditsoheputaringonit and some others I thought were winners, but ultimately we all decided on #foreverkents. It works.
Oh boy, it was a fabulous wedding! I can't explain enough how happy I am for the wonderful couple and I don't think I could count how many times I've said "I'm so happy for Dani.". That girl is a true gem and she found herself a great match.
The night before the wedding Sean's parents hosted a yummy and enjoyable dinner at their house. It was so fun to see friends, see the lovebirds and their families so in love and to spend an evening in honor of them. Dani and her mom are both uber talented at crafting and designing things (her mom MADE her wedding dress!) so naturally Dani had the cutest bridesmaid gifts. She gave each bridesmaid a cute little polka-dot tote with our very own Dani and Sean pin :) with the perfect bridesmaid survival kit, initialized anthro mug and little notebook.
The following day was the wedding day with a high of 117 degrees. KILLER. Dani was such a champ and smiled the whole day through and somehow managed to do it without looking sweaty while wearing her beautiful long locks down. I really don't know how she looked so great in that heat, but she did. The sealing was 2:15 pm and, as I know, you are supposed to show up 30 minutes early. The night before I had been telling my friends that we needed to be at the temple at 1:45. Well, around 1:40 on the big day I asked my sister if she thought I should add glitter to my nails when she said, "Alli, don't you need to go?" I was fully aware of what time it was, but it didn't hit me until that second that my thinking was off. For some reason all that day I was thinking I needed to LEAVE at 1:45. Oh my goodness. Possibly the most stressful 30 minutes of my life driving to Mesa. Needless to say, I was totally embarrassed and barely made it in time. Dani and Sean, please forgive me. With my anxiety and stress plus the temperature outside - I was a hot mess. But, I made it, they were sealed as husband and wife for eternity and Dani looked so stunning.
My ladies and I outside the temple, it was so so good to be reunited with these babes. I am blessed with amazing friends:
We had a short break then it was off to the reception venue for prepping, pictures and partying!
Loved the buttons on her dress:
Some extreme measures were taken to stay cool, like Leslie doing a downward dog in front of the floor fan :)
My sister was so kind to watch Elle while I was gone the whole day and then bring her when her family came to the reception. I got Elle her dress just for the wedding (any excuse to shop for my babe I'll take it!). She wasn't the happiest since it was past bedtime, but I think she still looked cute at least!
It was a wonderful wedding and like I said, I couldn't be happier for the new Mr. and Mrs. Kent. Thanks Sean and Dani for letting me be a part of your day. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you two!





2 comments:
Such a beautiful bride, wedding, and bridesmaids! Looks like you had such a fun time.
Looks amazing!
Post a Comment