Friday, February 22, 2013

5 Months


My princess is 5 months old! Eleanor is sooo much easier and happier now that she is on her medicine for acid reflex, it has also allowed her to follow more of a schedule every day which is so nice. She's still doesn't follow as strict of a schedule as I know some babies do, but I'm ok with that. She definitely knows her mom and dad and looks for our voices whenever she hears us. When she's made eye contact she'll give us a big grin. Unfortunately, Elle has had a long streak of diarrhea which I had to take her into the doctor for and again when blood/mucus started showing up :( She now takes the hypo-allergenic formula instead of soy formula (the doctor thought she may have developed a protein allergy). This is day number 3 with the switch and hopefully it'll help her. I'm still waiting to hear the final results from her stool sample tests...oh the fun things to deal with as a mother! Luckily, Elle has still been happy, I just hope we can get her little insides working right! It makes me so sad when something is wrong with her.
And the big news.....ELLE HAS SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT 3 NIGHTS IN A ROW! Miracles happen and prayers are answered! Up until last week, Elle was only sleeping 3-4 hour stretches every night (sometimes 2 hours - those nights were always rough). One doctor (whom I haven't gone back to see again) told me at her 4 month check-up that I should put her in her crib when I go to bed and leave her there until I get up in the morning and that would teach her to sleep through the night. Um ya, sorry doc, it doesn't really work like that. We did do the "cry it out" method, but we would check on her when we felt we needed to and I also do the "dream feed". Elle goes down between 8-8:30 every night after bath time and a story and then I go back in around 10:30, before I go to bed, and feed her a bottle while she's sill asleep. I'm hoping I can get her to sleep till 7, so far she usually wakes up around 6:30. It really is life changing after 5 months of getting up multiple times in the night!
More facts about my little chunk:

  • weighs 15 lbs 8 ozs
  • still hates tummy time, but she more frequently rolls from her stomach to her back and a few times has rolled from her back to her stomach
  • loves to play with her toys
  • enjoys playing in her bouncer (even though she's still too short to actually bounce)
  • sucks all of her fingers, but her thumb more frequently than others
  • will fall asleep on her own in her crib now!
  • no longer is swaddled for naps nor at night
  • rolls all over the place in her crib while sleeping - I never know what position I'll find her in!
  • will hold her on bottle, she just needs help when there's not much left in there

Some of her many sleep positions:
Playing in her bouncer:
Big girl holding her bottle:

2 comments:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Her cuteness is killing me! Please smother her with kisses for me. Congrats on her sleeping through the night!!

Jenny said...

She's adorable! I love that last picture of her holding her own bottle- what a big girl! So glad she is sleeping through the night for you!