I am now a working interpreter, employed by Brigham Young University.
The proof:
(just please don't steal my BYU ID #, k?)
(yes, it still has my maiden name. i haven't changed my social security card to say my married name so BYU can't change my name in their system yet. i guess that means i should finally go to the ss office. blah)
I am only a "level 1" interpreter and I still need to improve and get my level 2/national certification so I can have more job options and work as a full-time interpreter, but I am soooo grateful for the job and opportunity at BYU. I am "teamed" with the kindest most helpful skilled interpreter ever who helps me so much. I still work full time at OrangeSoda so Mondays and Wednesdays (when I interpret) are long days, but it's worth it! I love the feeling of knowing hard work is paying off :)

7 comments:
three things. 1. this is so awesome. congratulations. 2. still = steal. 3. you haven't changed your social yet? haha how long have you been married ;)
Ali that is awesome! congrats!
CONGRATS!!! Soo happy for you!!! I know how hard you have worked to do this!!!! Way to Go BUBBY!!!!
This is really Cara...I'm logged in as Hillary because I just updated her Mission blog!!!! :)
Way to go! That is so awesome!
Woo hoo Bubby! Congratulations on being employed as an interpreter. I know you'll do great. I'm so happy for you and proud. Beautiful ID pic!
congrats girl! that is so awesome! you are such an inspiration:)
Post a Comment