Sunday, March 20, 2011

dear dani + the final rose

See the gorgeous girl smiling with me in the picture below? That's my friend Dani, also known as Ms. Stolworthy to her little ones she teaches. She's one of the world's greatest. Seriously.
Last week was this little Cheetah's birthday so we had a lovely dinner to celebrate the birth of our favorite southern belle.

I can't say enough good things about Dani. It does make me sad I don't get to see her and all my ladies as much anymore (FYI - Sammy I wouldn't trade you in, I just miss them). Let me tell you, living with Dani means EVERYDAY is party! Whether it's a PJ party, invite 50 people over party, baking party, poolside party, or just rockin out to or favorite jams...it's always a good time. (Club 34 bring back memories?! haha) Any time I mention Dan on my blog I have to give a little push for people to read her blog. It'll ALWAYS make you laugh. :)

In case you've been living under a rock and didn't know, last week was the finale for The Bachelor. I have a class that recently started and is on Monday nights (sooo inconvenient right?!). Well, I was a little bummed I was going to miss the first part of the finale, but when I walked in the door to our condo I could not stop laughing. Why? This is what was on our kitchen table:
I died. So cute, huh? I love my hubby. He's always thinking of the cutest sweetest things to do for me. Not only did he set the scene, but he had also cooked up the most delicious meal. Red mashed potatoes, asparagus and chicken with a shiitake mushroom sauce (YUM!). We opted to eat off the couch and ottoman to not miss a second of the show...
Emily won. YAY! Although, it doesn't look like she and Brad will actually be getting married. Sam's been telling me the whole season Brad's too crazy; I kinda agree now. Emily deserves someone better and more sincere. We shall see!

I feel like I've been rambling in this post. Quick summary: Dani rocks, Sam's the best and I love him. End of story.

7 comments:

Cara said...

You are soo lucky that Sam watches it with you!! Joe refuses to have anything to do with it :( I was going for Emily too but it looks like it's not going to last!!! Maybe he should have just picked Chantal!!! I was soo happy to find out your mom and dad watch it!! I was just talking to them tonight about it....glad that they know what's good TV!! I was soo glad to see them :) Sam is soo cute with the rose!! Joe would of prob just left me a dead one since he hates the show soo much!!! Sam's definitely a keeper!!! Hope to see you guys next month when we all come up for Matt's gradution!!!! We will be there April 16-23, hope to see you!

Jenny said...

I like your rambling!! So cute of Sam to think of a way to make your night fun. I was rooting for Emily too but things don't seem too promising, do they? I always thought Brad seemed kinda lame so I'm okay with it.

christina hatton said...

you make me want to watch the bachelor lol sam and you are too cute :)

danielle said...

haha i'm glad those rockin pics were taken after a day of parent-teacher conferences.... hahah GROSS.
thank you my dear! you're the best.
anytime my name and the bachelor are combined in a post is a good thing in my book. love you!

Tim and Jennifer said...

You like mushrooms?

Sarah Robbins said...

Nice work, Sam! What a romantic. Sorry you missed the finale, but totally worth it for your sweet husband to do something so nice.

Candace Heyman said...

That dinner looks delicious... minus the mushrooms. Way to go, Sam!