Life is good. It's also very busy, and I've finally found the time to explain why...
The week after getting back to Utah from our wonderful Christmas vacation I was given a job promotion at work! (big blessing and very happy about that) That same day I also found out I had been accepted to Salt Lake Community College's American Sign Language Fast Track Interpreting Program! (another blessing and thrilled about that!) I was really nervous about applying for the program because I had to pass a skills test and didn't think I would get in, but I did! Because there is such a need for ASL interpreters SLCC has set up this amazing program where they offer night classes (perfect for accommodating a full-time work schedule), the tuition is free (perfect for a poor newlywed), and I am also PAID to observe VRS (Video Relay System) calls each week (perfect for gaining much needed experience while getting a little extra $$). Needless to say, it looks like I came across the right thing at the right time. However, this means Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and an occasional Thursday I go straight from work to school and arrive home way later than I have been accustomed too. I feel like some days I barely even get to see Sam, but I guess nows the time to have this busy schedule so he can stay focused in school, right? He has been so supportive and also patient in dealing with me on my stressful days (which may or may not happen more frequently now...) I have already learned a ton in my new job position as well as my interpreting classes. Every night I leave class I am so happy and grateful for the opportunity I have to work on my ASL and interpreting skills while still being able to work a full-time schedule!
The week after getting back to Utah from our wonderful Christmas vacation I was given a job promotion at work! (big blessing and very happy about that) That same day I also found out I had been accepted to Salt Lake Community College's American Sign Language Fast Track Interpreting Program! (another blessing and thrilled about that!) I was really nervous about applying for the program because I had to pass a skills test and didn't think I would get in, but I did! Because there is such a need for ASL interpreters SLCC has set up this amazing program where they offer night classes (perfect for accommodating a full-time work schedule), the tuition is free (perfect for a poor newlywed), and I am also PAID to observe VRS (Video Relay System) calls each week (perfect for gaining much needed experience while getting a little extra $$). Needless to say, it looks like I came across the right thing at the right time. However, this means Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and an occasional Thursday I go straight from work to school and arrive home way later than I have been accustomed too. I feel like some days I barely even get to see Sam, but I guess nows the time to have this busy schedule so he can stay focused in school, right? He has been so supportive and also patient in dealing with me on my stressful days (which may or may not happen more frequently now...) I have already learned a ton in my new job position as well as my interpreting classes. Every night I leave class I am so happy and grateful for the opportunity I have to work on my ASL and interpreting skills while still being able to work a full-time schedule!
Although mine and Sam's time together has significantly decreased, we've still been able to schedule some really fun dates and activities. For example, attending the Suns vs. Jazz game last month...
I had to add this picture because I love it. Last week the BYU Young Ambassadors had a show which the beautiful and oh-so-talented Leslie Hiatt performed in, so of course her fellow Cheetahs were there as support. We were able to catch the superstar after the show and happily showed off our jazz hands together. The show really was awesome!
I cannot forget to mention that my dad made it in to town for one night and Sam and I were able to spend a weekend in Centerville while Sam's mom was in town. We love getting to see family! Thanks for coming out and thanks for the good food Dad and Sallee :)

5 comments:
Thanks for the shout out! You girls are the best friends I could ever ask for! Really! I love you.
Your hard work is going to pay off soon! (I sound like a fortune cookie)...but I think it's awesome you and Sam make a great little team!
Can't wait to see you guys next month!
Way to go Bubby! Seriously, such awesome opportunities. I can't say I won't shed a tear when all of my siblings are together without us in just a few short weeks. Already misty...
Yea Bubby!! It's a busy, crazy life but a great one!! Your work and the SLCC are lucky to have you. :-)
Can't wait to see you on Thursday. Yea!!
i haven't had a chance to read this all, but i'm sure it's wonderful! i loved the pictures though :)
Post a Comment