Sunday, November 8, 2009

October Wrap Up

Can you believe it is already the second week of November? Wild.
Sam and I had a lot of fun things happen in October and I am happy to share a few of the events.

One day we were leaving our apartment and walked out the door to this lovely sight...
(I made Sammy pose with the rainbow because it makes the photo just that much better)
Another night we carved pumpkins with Jayson and Leah. Jayson and Sam were friends in high school, Jayson still lives in AZ but his girlfriend, Leah, is living up in Provo. It was great to hang out with the cute couple and get to know them better!
The boys were very focused and intense carvers.
Leah and I also took turns carving, I'm afraid we weren't as natural as the boys were.
And the finished product....
(Mine and Sam's on the left, Jayson and Leah's on the right)
Sammy and I were able to attend BYU's homecoming game. Although it was a cold night and the Cougars played horribly, we still had a great time.
The Friday before Halloween it was required for all employees to dress up at my work that day. I was a winner for The Biggest Loser. Here I am posing with my bum friend, Gordon, and leprechaun pal, Casey. Unfortunately this picture doesn't show how large my shirt really was.
There was also a competition for the spookiest department. This is what it looked like around my desk...
During the day everyone headed out to the parking lot for a parade of costumes. I couldn't stop laughing at Gordon.
Yes, Halloween is taken very seriously at OrangeSoda.
And my favorite part of the month was celebrating Sam's birthday! I made him his requested "Sticky Buns" in the morning and that night we went out to dinner at Tucanos.
As the group of workers sang Happy Birthday they had Sam dance around, it all happened so quickly that I barely had time to grab my camera, but I tried snapping some shots anyways.
After dinner we headed home and made some homemade ice cream! It turned out great and was very tasty. I love celebrating birthdays, especially for those I love -- and this guy in particular!
That's the last of what I have to report for October. We just celebrated my birthday as well, but that will have to wait for another post...

4 comments:

The Pocket Inn said...

Allison!

Such a cute post! It sounds like you guys had a fun and eventful October! Let's get together soon! xoxo

-Katie

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

What a fun October. Your carved pumpkin was awesome! Fall is such a beautiful season in Utah...unlike the 90 degrees in AZ.!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Mmmm.. homemade ice cream! I love your Halloween costume, very creative. You look cute too so that's a plus. Your office sounds hilarious!

The Parks Fam said...

Im so happy I found your blog guys!! SOo cute!! and by the way your wedding pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!! It was good to see you at G's party a few weeks ago, hope you guys are doing awesome!!

oh and P.S. my blog is on private so send me your email on facebook so I can add you!