This was back before Christmas, but I was having a hard day. I honestly now can't even remember what was so bad about the day, but I had mutual that night and when I came home I walked in and saw this lovely surprise on our kitchen counter. A beautiful rose and a thoughtful thank-you card that had a poem inside, half written by Sam and the other half written by Eleanor (or by Sam from Eleanor's perspective) thanking me for things that I do. It was the sweetest thing and definitely lifted my spirits. I sure married well.
The day we were going down to Utah on our way home to Arizona for Christmas I was trying to get everything loaded in the car while Eleanor ate her lunch. I knew she was ready for a nap, but I was trying to time it all perfectly so she would sleep on the drive down to Utah. As I was running between the house and garage I checked on Elle and saw this....
Her head was bobbing all around and I couldn't stop laughing. Poor little sweet baby. She had woken up extra early that day and was wiped out. She had never fallen asleep in her high chair like this. Luckily, she was so out of it she stayed asleep while I transferred her to her carseat and slept for most of the drive to Utah!
Once Eleanor started walking everywhere I had to get her a new pair of shoes because most of all the other pairs she had wouldn't stay on her feet that well as she walked. I ordered these adorable Sperry's and when I opened the box Eleanor wanted them on her feet right away. One of her clearest and most frequently used words is "shoes". It's most often accompanied with her bringing me a pair so I will put them on her. She'll also bring me a pair of my own shoes and expect me to put them on.
One day I was folding laundry and Elle brought me the pink booties and signed "please" so I would put them on her. I did and a few minutes later she brought me the black pair and wanted the same thing. I told her I couldn't put them on because she was already wearing a pair, so she sat down and took care of it all herself...
Eleanor is officially attending nursery! When she was almost 17 months the nursery leader saw her out in the hall way and told us to bring her in and let her stay without us. I was so nervous about it but Eleanor did great and loved it! She ran right in to the toys and never looked back. She is now attached to one of her leader's (our bishop's wife) and loves spending time with her. Just last night we were at an activity and Elle was in her leader's arms. When I took her back so we could leave Elle was upset and was reaching back to get out of my arms! I tried to get pictures once we were home to document her first nursery day, but she was just over due for her nap and not happy about taking pictures.
We kind-of sorta celebrated Valentine's day. Sam and I were in the middle of our healthy eating/weight loss challenge (a competition with some of his family) so we didn't really go out or do anything special. We're still holding out for a date night next time we're in Utah. However, I made sure Elle was dressed accordingly for the day and she got a little pack of bracelets. She was so pleased with the little package when I gave it to her, it was so cute.
And if you've ever wondered what 900 chocolate-dipped pretzels looked like, here ya go...
Well, today was day light savings and although I don't feel tired, I need to get to bed because I have to interpret early in the morning! I'll post about that soon!

2 comments:
That's a lot of pretzels!! Ive seen most of these photos before but loved seeing them again! Falling asleep in the high chair is always classic :).
Hooray for iPhone updates! Miss Elle asleep, crying or awake could not be any cuter! Those pretzels and baskets are impressive. Bien hecho!
Post a Comment