Look at the little smiles I was able to get from Miles :)
The next day was Maegan's birthday! We took the kiddos out for another walk in the morning. Miles was good and gave his Mom big smiles on her special day.
Elle was really cute with Miles. She would watch him on the ground and if she ever came across his binky or saw it fall out she would try and help him get it back in his mouth. It was really cute until she wasn't getting it in well and she started kind of banging it to his face to try and get it in! She had good intentions at least.Maeg has the perfect little southern brick-step front porch and I dare say this little model is near perfect
We picked up some Chipotle and had a picnic for the birthday girl in the gardens of Duke University (where Maeg's hubby, Landon, is doing med school). I cannot believe how huge and beautiful these gardens were! I'm so happy we went and spent time there.
I thought these lily-pads were the coolest
That night I made a cake for Maegan and they had some friends over for cake and ice-cream. I somehow missed getting a picture of her with the cake though.
The next day was our last day, but we were still able to fit some fun in. I got to see a little more of their downtown and Maeg and Landon treated me to some southern soul food - chicken and waffles! I've heard about this combo but was a bit unsure about it. The food was actually really really good! And Maeg pulled off a surprise of getting my plate to come out with birthday candles :) My birthday wasn't until the following week, but since it was my birthday trip she said I still needed to be sung to! Our waiter was entertaining and had some fun with Elle...
We stopped by Duke so I could walk around the campus and see the amazing chapel. I loooooved the campus. It seriously feels like you are walking around Hogwarts! All the dormitories and buildings are so beautiful and neat to look at.
And that was the trip! We were sad to say goodbye. I am so grateful Maeg and Landon were happy to have me and that Sammy was so kind as to grant my birthday wish. It was fabulous.
And...Elle was an angel and slept almost the entire way home :) Hooray!

1 comment:
What a fun trip! Hopefully the tradition can continue!
Post a Comment