Saturday, August 3, 2013

LP 2013

Well another Nielsen Lake Powell trip is completed! Our little family was only able to be on the lake Thursday afternoon till Sunday morning when everyone left, but we still had a lot of fun in the short time we were there.

As always, there was wakeboarding, jet skiing, playing in the water, relaxing on the house boat, good food and great people. I was a little nervous about this year's trip since it was our first time with a kid in tow, but I have seen all the nieces and nephews on this trip before and they all usually do great. I know Elle loves being outside and in the water so I figured we'd be safe. She was great the whole trip so I was really happy.

Of course I wasn't as diligent with having my camera out and getting shots of everything as I should have, but I did get some photos snapped and I stole some from Vanessa as well :)

This year the Nielsens were on one houseboat and the Kennedys on another. We had a nice little beach between the two which provided the perfect area for the little kiddos to play and run around.
Elle and her daddy relaxing on the roof one evening and Grace reading the latest gossip with her Capri Sun in hand:
 My meager attempt at a jump on the wake board:
 Sambeano:

This was the first year we had paddle boards with us and they were definitely a hit. I really enjoyed using them and Elle and I even got a ride from our man one day:
 
Vanessa got these awesome photos of Sammy taking the kids out all at once:
 

We also tried a short jet ski family ride:
A tradition was started last year where an obstacle course was setup and everybody runs it while being timed, don't worry, the Nielsens aren't competitive at all ;) The Kennedys also got in on the action this year and loved it. Although I don't have pictures of the course, here is Sam starting to set it up. The starting point is always at the top of the slide on the back of the houseboat. The kids sneak in some slide runs inbetween the grown ups doing the course.


We had a great time. Thank you, Tracy and Sallee!!!




2 comments:

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Looks like a lot of fun and a glorious vacation!

Heather H. said...

Oh that little Elle!

I just had a chance to get caught up on here and loved all of your photos as always...what part of Lake Powell were you at? We were out of Bullfrog and it does seem we overlapped that weekend. My in laws go every year at least so maybe we'll be able to coordinate seeing each other another time!

Your place in WY looks so adorable. Matthew & Brooke told me they got to see you while they were in UT, and I think we all agree if he hasn't already done so, Sam needs to purchase the belt buckle :)

xo!