Any way, I've been sitting in my bed long enough that I decided I should get up and do something productive. I had cleaning our bathrooms on my to-do list today, but I think since I'm sick those can be postponed to another day....and so I'm blogging/rambling. I have some photos on my phone that I thought were worthy to share on the blog for memories sake - I had good intentions of bringing our nice camera out to a campfire we had with friends last weekend in the canyon, but I forgot. So, just iphone photos it is.
Elle is now in 6-12 month clothes. It honestly breaks my heart when I have to go through her closet and pack up all the darling clothes that no longer fit her. It is crazy how quickly these little ones grow! We're now to the point where I'll actually need to buy more clothes for Elle. We were so spoiled with baby showers/gifts that up till now I've spent very little on Elle's wardrobe. Thank goodness the GAP friends and family sale came right in time (shout-out to my girl Ash Raz who is a faithful GAP employee and is always so gracious to share the 40% discount with me. She's a babe. Check her out here.) Elle and I got matching polka dot jeans at the sale. I was so excited about them and still am. We wore them together the very next day, and yes we did get comments on us matching haha I had to snap a photo of me and my little (teething) buddy...
That weekend we had some great weather that made me believe spring and summer were coming and this freezing winter may actually be coming to an end (remember that it was snowing again today?). We took advantage of the sun and walked with Elle to this awesome park that is right behind our church building. We put her in the swings for her first time. She didn't hate them, but she didn't give us much reaction overall. We'll be giving it a try again in the near future...
Eleanor has started eating solids! She loves rice cereal, but definitely is not a fan of peas. That's all she's tried so far. Carrots are next!

One really awesome thing I have to share is that my other friend, Ashley Kirkland, had her precious baby boy! Chase has been very eager to get into this world so Ashley has spent the last several weeks on bed rest since she went into pre-term labor. Even though she's typically always up and going she stayed so positive throughout her time on bed rest and would always say, "My number one job right now is to grow this little baby!" I always told her that I was grateful she was stuck on the couch because it gave Elle and I an excuse to visit her weekly (if not more). Little Chase was born 4 weeks early, but he is home doing great and has gained a little weight. When I got to see him he was 6 lbs. It was amazing holding such a tiny little babe! I'm grateful I got to meet him and we'll be able to spend some time together as Mommies before I move away.
Elle just had a blow-out. Adios!









3 comments:
I really liked this post, especially the pic of Elle with the paper towels! haha
Wahhh! I'm sorry you're sick! I love Elle. How is this moving to different states thing going to work for us? Not okay.
I love Elle's faces! Great pics. How fun you can match with your baby! I see lots of matching outfits in the future. :)
Post a Comment