Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Girl's Baby Shower

In June I was able to make it home for a weekend packed full of family events. Saturday morning was my baby shower, Saturday evening was my little niece's baby blessing, Sunday morning was my brother's mission farewell and that afternoon we had a final brunch with family and friends for him. It was crazy and exhausting, but such a good time.

To start, my baby shower. My sister was amazing and decided that even though she was busy packing my little brother up for his mission and preparing for his big weekend, she wanted to throw a baby shower for me that weekend since everyone would be in town. So nice. The party setup was beautiful and little girl and I were spoiled by lots of friends and family. I was overwhelmed. My friend Monica was kind enough to be in charge of taking photos at the event...

The delicious food included different salads, my grandma's homemade rolls (they're the best), brownie bites, lemon bites, the most amazing banana cupcakes one could ever eat, cookie-dough cupcakes and a fruit pizza cookie bar. YUM.


 

The bump has grown even more since then.

I opened so many fun little treasures for my girl. I felt like it was Christmas day x10!

Some of the Curtis ladies in attendance (I missed some before they left!)

The Heyman ladies in attendance
 My sweet Grandma Curtis and Grandma Heyman
 My Nielsen sisters and mother-in-law (plus Gracie!) It was great to have them all there
 My wonderful sisters who all helped so much for the shower. As you can see, Jen is the only one who will be without a newborn this year


My favorite part of the set-up for the shower is what my sisters and I jokingly referred to as "the shrine". We put this picture up of my mom and I from when I was a baby. The night before I found some tea-lights in a cabinet and asked Jen if she thought it'd be going overboard if I lined them up and lit them in front of the photo :) It was perfect to have part of my mom at the shower. Although I didn't realize it would make all my aunts and grandmas cry when they saw it! Oops.
I know it was hard for my mom not to be at the shower. It was hard for me not to have her there, but I felt so much support from all the amazing woman who came to shower me with love. A little bit ago I attended a baby shower for a friend and when I got home, poor Sam thought something had gone wrong or I had found out some bad news. Nope, I was just having a little break down because the mother of the expecting mama was there and sharing in all of the excitement and I had some pity-me time on the drive home thinking about how my situation would be different. So, it felt wonderful to have a physical reminder of my mom's presence up. And don't worry, she and my dad got a full showing of every single gift via Skype :)

Thanks again for all the hard work and love, Jen! You rock.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a great shower and you looked so cute! I was so happy I was able to be there for it!

Ash & JD said...

I love you, Al Pal! Can't wait for your UTAH shower! Although I can't promise it will be as tasty or cute! ;) Your sis did an awesome job!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Everything looks amazing...the food, decorations, gifts and guests! You look absolutely beautiful. I wish I could have been there in person...not just in the photo. I am so grateful and happy you and little Miss Nielsen were loved and spoiled. :)