Sammy and I loved conference weekend. Sam was recently hired to be a Marshallese interpreter for the church, and interpreting part of the Saturday afternoon session of conference was his first gig. Sam's Australian mission companion was in town with his wife. We were able to meet up with them between the two Saturday sessions. It was great to meet the Elder Stone I read about in letters (he and Sammy served together for 6 months), and I loved listening to anything he and his wife had to say with their amazing accents!
Elder Nielsen and Elder Stone
Pat started to show a bit more than ever before:
Sam and I were adventurous one weekend and went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game. All of the fans are so spirited! We had a great time, RSL won, and of course it was a nice plus that the stadium is by Chipotle (since Utah valley is lame and doesn't have one, that's special treat).
Easter Sunday we were able to attend church and have fun with our little nursery kiddos. Later that day we had a fabulous Easter dinner at G's with some of Sam's extended fam. It was a beautiful day and a great time to reflect on our Savior's life and His resurrection. Easter Sunday wouldn't have been complete without a family pic in our Sunday best...
Sammy finished his junior year of college and the hardest semester in the chemical engineering major! WHOO-HOO!!!! I cannot explain how dedicated Sam has been this last semester and how hard I know he has worked to get through his toughest classes and maintain good grades. I am so proud of him and hope Pat inherits his brainy skills. On the day of the last final, Sam hosted a BBQ for all of his classmates. Sam spear headed the whole thing and had quite the turn out! My man loves throwing a good party with good food. I was able to sneak over during my lunch hour and saw Sammy in his element at the grill serving up hamburgers and brats left and right.
The day after Sam's last final we jetted off to California for a much deserved vacation! I think that will be a separate post...

2 comments:
I love the update. Very cool that you and Sam are both interpreters in one form or another now!!
Yay for an update. Love the pictures. Congratulations to Sammy on being an interpreter. How awesome that interpreting is a family affair!
Post a Comment