On March 2nd, I finally had my first doctor's appointment. I'm using a doctor that my neighbor recommend and a lot of people in my ward have used, I love him! I am always nervous for doctor appointments because I know there is a possibility that something might come up and they'll have to draw my blood (I'm a fainter). I was prepared mentally that I'd probably have blood work done, but I was so excited to finally find out more about our little babe that it wasn't too bad. I didn't faint, and all went well with the appointment.
Everything is looking good so far with Pat and the scheduled due date is still September 12th. Sam and I were so happy with the awesome profile snap shot we got of our little one.
Isn't Pat cute?
I've been getting a lot of questions about if I'm showing yet and comments from people who say they still can't see anything. I have a little bump now, it's not a real baby bump more of just Allison's-belly-is-getting-fat look bump, but it wasn't there before! It sounds crazy but it came Thursday night (I promise).
Here are just some random facts on my pregnancy so far (more for me to remember than anything else):
- At 6 weeks and 1 day the nausea hit.
- At 8 weeks I started feeling exhausted every day and my bed time moved up substantially.
- After that I was so tired I often left dishes in the sink over night and my clothes started piling up on the floor (things I was usually against pre-pregnancy).
- Even when nauseous I hate saltines.
- My body will dry-heave and gag all it wants, but the throwing-up doesn't come easy (sorry for the info).
- One of my favorite things is listening to Sam talk about being a dad.
- Sam now calls me "piggy-wiggy" in reference to my increased appetite.
- In 11 weeks I gained 4 lbs (at 13 weeks it's the same...I think the 4 lbs were more from quitting my usual work outs and being less particular about my diet!).
- I am so happy and feel blessed to have this little baby growing inside of me!

6 comments:
I love this update! keep em coming! that bump is tiny and cute!
Are you still feeling nauseous? You are almost out of your first trimester, I've been hoping things are starting to get better for you! That bump is looking cute, I love the update!
Congrats to you two cuties! We are so happy for you!
i am so excited for you to be a mommy. i am always nervous to go to the doctor. i hate needles and getting my blood taken.
Super fun to hear about how things are going for you! I love the baby picture and yes, Pat is very cute :)
I love that you're just using the name Pat for now. I hope everything is going smoothly with the pregnancy! Excited for you both! I can't wait to hear what the gender is and what actual name will be!
Post a Comment