We got to Oceanside the first day, checked into our hotel, threw on our swimsuits and were back out of the hotel in less than 5 minutes so we could have some fun! The first item of business was finding Sammy a spear gun. We went spear fishing while on our Honeymoon and Sam has repeatedly informed me "that was the most fun thing" he has EVER done. Since we'll be making a trip to Costa Rica later this summer, he desperately wanted a spear gun to take and "have the most fun" again.
After some quality sun soaking and body surfing on the beach we hit up a local fish and chips place which was set right on the marina. Another thing Sam wanted to make sure to get was some good fish. Boy was he excited when he was served two monster sized fish tacos. I found other non-seafood options on the menu to enjoy! :)
The following day we headed out to meet Sam's good high school friend, Thomas, for breakfast. He picked a fun location for our meal - we ate on the patio of a restaurant that was right on Mission Beach boardwalk. I LOVED people watching while we ate. Mission boardwalk always promises some good characters.
We then were able to meet up with our friends who were in town as well and we haven't been together all summer since we've been split between Utah and Arizona! Ash and I had a good time soaking up the sun and catching up while the husbands spent all their bonding time in the water.
The day didn't stop there. We then traveled just a few beaches up and met with the whole Heyman gang at Montage. There was a lot of us! (And a even a few extras made it after this photo was taken!)
There was sand burying, building and digging. Water snorkeling, swimming, splashing and exploring while the tide was low...
And what would be a good day at the beach without a mini photo-shoot with the hubs?
PS. I didn't even ask for a kissing picture. Husband just went for the kill all on his own. So proud.
Next post, cousin's wedding day!







4 comments:
What a fun California beach trip! So glad Sammy found his spear gun. :-)
how cute!! I love the pics at the end! it was so good seeing you guys!!
I don't think you and your husband could be more perfect!?!?! Obsessed with you two love birds. XOXO
oh my gosh I love that he went in for a kissing pic all on his own! that would make my life complete if James ever did such a thing! he hates kissing pictures! and your kissing pic turned out so cute!
Post a Comment