Friday, May 27, 2011

Hi, I'm Allison

and I'm an interpreter.

Do you know how long it's been my dream to say that??? I received the greatest email yesterday which informed me I had passed my performance test and am now a certified interpreter in the state of Utah! I went from crying, to dancing, to shouting.

I'm so thankful for the teachers, mentors and ASL friends I've had who have helped teach me and push me. Don't get me wrong, I'll still need a lot of help and have a TON of learning to do, but it's so great to reach this milestone. My first certification!
I'm most grateful for my friends half way around the world who really motivated me and gave me courage to work hard for this goal. I wish I could go celebrate with them. I think about my Ghana students a lot and am so grateful for the opportunity I had to work with and learn from them.


Since this is all about ASL here, I'd love to share my favorite Deaf music video. Yes, I said Deaf music video. It's really quite inspiring:




Hip Hip Hooray!!!!


9 comments:

Ray Heyman said...

Mom and I are very proud of you. Now go do some more good in the world!!!! Dad

Sarah Robbins said...

That is SO SO awesome! What an accomplishment, and such a skill you can use to minister to so many people. How exciting!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Awesome Bubby! I told Mom that I remember when you started learning sign language from a book mom bought you when you were young just because you were interested. Now look at you! Such talent!

Nielsens said...

Jen - it was one year when Roshka gave us Barnes & Nobles gift cards. We got to pick out our own books and I picked an ASL dictionary hahahah. It was a good investment though!

Jenny said...

whoop whoop! so happy for you! congratulations!

Ann said...

So proud of you Allison..We will celebrate when I get there...

Matt and Brooke said...

congrats! that is awesome!!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Hip, hip, hooray!! Congratulations!! You have worked long and hard for this awesome achievement. Woo hoo!!

danielle said...

yay al! good for you for working so hard! do you know what your plans are for next year?