Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Pretty Perfect Painting

How pretty is this painting?Well, lucky me, I now have it hanging in our living room! Sam decided he didn't want pictures, he wanted art, to go above our couch. So, months ago I started the search to find the perfect piece of "art" to join our home. One day, I found a painting online that I just loved. The colors were perfect, the size was perfect, the design was perfect. The price, not so perfect. I kept searching but just couldn't get that one painting out of my head. Finally, a little stroke of inspiration hit me and I asked my wonderfully talented sister-in-law, Jenny, if she wouldn't mind copying the painting for me. (Jenny is a super talented artist and even teaches art). She was actually thrilled when I asked and said she loves projects but was short on ideas. Glad I could help :). Next thing I know Jenny sends me pictures of a 3'x4' canvas with her gorgeous art on, and it's even better than what I had picked! It was shipped from her home in San Fran and now it's hanging above our couch.

THANK YOU JENNY!!!

One of my Christmas gifts was the fun zebra ottoman; now our living room is starting to piece together!
A few weeks ago Sam and I went to the beloved Pottery Barn and purchased a new TV stand. Thanks to it being a floor model and on sale, plus finding we had a chunk of leftover store credit from our wedding, we got a steal of a deal for it!
And that's the Nielsen living room for ya:
Next on the list, pillows!

10 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Wow, your room looks so good! Someday I'll have real furniture :). Jenny is so talented. It's beautiful!
The only thing is that your tv is a little small. Haha jk Sam! I like to say that to Tim.

Jenny said...

thanks for the blog love, i am so flattered :) i love the room and i love your entertainment center too! i couldn't see it that well on ichat, very cute.

Curtis Heyman said...

looks like Cbug has some competition as "best interior designer" and "best artist" in the family! I love family competitions.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

It looks awesome!! Great job Jenny!! We're sooo blessed to have your talent in the family!!

Matt and Brooke said...

So talented! I looove it!!!

Sarah Robbins said...

It looks great! I LOVE the painting- she is so talented! Isn't it fun to nest?

Sarah Robbins said...

I forgot to say that I love the new blog look, too- and your family picture at the top is gorgeous!

Scott and Whitney said...

I love it!!

Laurel Marsh said...

I'm teaching my 5th graders alliteration, and your blog title is a perfect example

Loong said...

Looks so good!