Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm a Mormon.

I'm interpreting church for a deaf woman tomorrow. The girl I'm team interpreting with found out the topics of some of the talks and lessons that will be given so I got online to look them up to prep. So I went to LDS.org; I saw the little blurp about Mormon.org and decided to click on it since I've heard of the site but never visited it. I then spent the next hour or so watching profile videos and reading profiles. I think you should too. I love the idea of this site. I love that they are breaking some of the stereotypes of Mormons and sharing neat stories. I also love my church.
(One video is of a Hawaiin girl, Joy, who won the world's woman's longboarding surf competition. She was in mine and Sam's stake and spoke at our Stake Conference. She is awesome).

Anyway, just had to share. Now I actually am going to prep for interpreting...


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good for you Ali! I would love to watch you interpret sometime! Have fun!