Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Sister Olsen

Last year I published the post below in honor of Maegan's birthday when she was still serving her mission. Now that she is back, I decided to post again so she can see it :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BFF! And yes, I will be seeing her on her birthday this year....


If you know me, you know my best friend Maegan. At least that's how it has been since the 3rd grade. Today is her birthday and I won't be seeing her because she is currently serving as a missionary at the Salt Lake City, Temple Square Mission. Last April, I stalked and found her in between the 2 sessions of General Conference. Check out this hot missionary...

Our birthdays are two weeks apart. Early in our friendship we figured this equation: Her birthday week + 2 weeks between + my birthday week = 1 month of blissful birthdayness This season has always been our favorite time of the year.

Let me tell you a few things about this friend of mine.

The first week of third grade I was sitting in class when the pretty blond girl saw my CTR ring and said, "Are you Mormon?" I replied, "Yes."
"Hey me too! And look, I have the same CTR ring!"
Best friends ever since.

In junior high and high school people would joke that we were pretty much the same person. It was known that MaeganandAllison were always together always doing the same thing. We didn't mind, we liked it that way.

Maegan is the best best friend anyone could ever ask for. She's always got my back. We have that best friend bond where if one starts crying, the other starts crying. And we can understand each other without even saying much.

Maeg and I love doing anything together. One of the biggest blessings was coming up to BYU with her. I was scared out of my mind to leave my home and high school friends, but with Maeggers by my side I knew all would be well. And yes, we even moved to Hawaii for a summer and jumped out of an airplane together.

We both love a good outfit, even if it's 80s inspired. We are each others main fashion consultants and love to dress up, no matter the occasion.

Put us together anywhere and we'll have a good time. Maegan's enthusiastic hysterical compassionate loving trustworthy and spiritual personality is one I will never get bored of.

Maeg was present the first night I met my husband. Ok, she is still an amazing best friend regardless of this fact, but I just love that I can say that.

Maegan has helped me be the person I am today. I have always counted her as one of the biggest blessings in my life. Most of our major goals in life we share and we have always kept each other in line along the way. She is so solid and I have needed her all 14 years that I've known her. I have missed her a whole lot while she's been serving her mission (especially at my wedding) but I couldn't be more proud of her. She's a real gem.

Happy Birthday Maego!

9 comments:

danielle said...

yes i loved this!!! i've been thinking about this hottie all morning :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAEGO!

Tim and Jennifer said...

So sweet. Wipe a tear. You have quite the different looks throughout these pics. And it's a good thing you can understand each other without saying much because it's hard to understand you when you're crying. haha! jk

Jenny said...

i was just wondering the other day when she gets home...has she hit the year mark yet?

you and sam should probably take a visit to the salt lake temple tonight :)

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Oh how we love Sister Maegan Olsen!! Happy Birthday Maegan!!

Chris said...

Your love of Maegan shows in the fact that her birthday gets a longer post than your wedding.

Nielsens said...

jenny - she gets back in May and her year mark is next month!!

chris - i haven't even done a wedding post yet, it overwhelms me to think of trying. i like too many pictures aka all of them

Candace Heyman said...

So so sweet. Aren't best friends the best?! It will be fun to see her when she gets back!

P.S. I love the 80's outfits. Classic.

Heather H. said...

So cute, I enjoyed reading this. I never told you, we had an 80's dance around here a few months ago and I stole (& cut) my dad's Roshka, Heyman & DeWulf tee. Thanks for all of the fashion inspiration :) And this post makes me want to be a better friend to others. Happy Birthday Maegan!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

I'm sure I cried when I read this last year, and a year later I cried again! Oh how we love Maego!! Happy Birthday Maegan!!